We know that you love you tanzanite jewelry and we would want that it always remains as radiant. Here are some tips that would help you take care of your tanzanite jewelry.
1. The best and the easiest way to clean your tanzanite jewelry at home is with luke warm water, mild detergent and a soft tooth brush.
2. Tanzanites are not much hard. They score between 6 to 7 on Moh’s scale of hardness. As these gems are relatively less hard, they need to be handled with care. Avoid wearing tanzanite when doing any kind of intensive physical work.
3. It is advised that one should get their jewelry checked professionally at least once a year. Many a times settings tend to become loose; loose gems can scratch other gems as well as the metal that they are set in.
4. Tanzanites are sensitive to pressure and have a low resistance to ultrasound. Thus they should never be cleaned with Ultrasonic cleaner that professionals often use in cleaning gemstones.
5. Tanzanites should never be cleaned with steam cleaners as they might damage the stone.
6. Tanzanites are also sensitive to most of the acids specially hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acids.